Monday, September 29, 2008

Joanthan and Mariana aid in cleanup effort


Jonathan and Mariana left Friday afternoon for Houma, LA to aid in the clean up effort from Hurricane Gustav. The area they were assigned to clean up was out of the media range, so therefore no one knew they existed. Our church provided over 1000 volunteers just for that area. What great experiences they had! Jonathan and Mariana and their group were able to help a 90 year old lady on her birthday. She was in awe at the swarm of volunteers. Jonathan said those people were so grateful and humbled at the help they received. I'm grateful Mariana was able to serve and have this experience. She was not able to take a shower for two days and had to sleep in a tent in a parking lot of a church. I would have had more pics, but her camera wouldn't work. This pic is Sunday night when they got home.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa! I LOVE your blog! It was so fun seeing you at TOFW! You are awesome! -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that Mariana got to go! And of course I don't mind if you read my blog! I have promised myself I'm going to update soon...I'm just SO busy! Hope all is well!

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moma!!!!!!!!! I NEED A FACEBOOK!!!!!!! PLease please please please please!!!!!!! It is soooooooo safe and Its a great way o talk to my friends I don't get to see alot!!!!! I f Jaycee gets on I cantalk to her because I only get to see her on Sundays and WEdnes day!!!!!! and sometimes not even then!!!!!! SOOOOOOO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLESE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete