Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SNAKE IN MY HOUSE!!!!


I've had lots of projects going on as of late. I was working late into the night Monday night on one particular project. As I was stepping down into the living room, THERE WAS A SNAKE!!!!! It was about 1 1/2 feet long (a baby one). I ALMOST STEPPED ON IT! The house is dead silent, everyone asleep, right? Well, I shriek out to Jonathan; he wakes from a deep sleep to come kill the snake for me. He was a little loopy for a minute; therefore, later we had something to laugh about. It was a sight to see - two grown adults standing on top of furniture wondering how we were going to get the snake out of the house. I haven't seen a snake all summer and the first one happened to be in my house. I dreamt about snakes all night. By the way, it was a baby Copperhead snake!

9 comments:

  1. I would have to move!! Oh my goodness, I can't believe you had a snake in your house. Is it the one that was possibly in your garage when everyone was down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a snake in my house last november. it was just a garden snake, but it was a snake that was slithering along right where claire was playing. freaked me out. my husband wasn't home so a kind neighbor came over and got it out. when brian got home, i made him flip over the couches and check in closets to make sure there were no more snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Your house is just full of animals!! First big green forgs and now snakes!!! I dont know if I want to cum over any more!!! JK JK JK!!! HEHE!!! :-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my goodness I've had the same thing happen. From then on I had to wonder how in the heck the snake got in our house and if any more could. I became a little paranoid after that one.I feel for ya. Spiders are YUCKY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA ha. Spiders are yucky, but what I ment to say was snakes are yucky. In fact I think snakes beat spiders out when it comes to being the yuckiest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melissa,
    Sorry I am just getting back to you. I have been busy. This is something I do only do during free time and I don't have much.
    I wish we could have seen you when we were in MS, but it is so hard to sqeeze everyone in. It was so nice to see your family at church. Everyone was so nice.
    I enjoyed looking at your blog, your family looks so cute. I love the music.
    Sorry about the snake. I would have freaked out. At least you saw it and didn't step on it.
    - Mindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a huge fear of mine!! And a copperhead to boot! Ewww!

    ReplyDelete